Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Alaska Trip 2012

I still haven't come down off our high from our recent trip to Anchorage, Alaska and surrounding areas. We did so many amazing and fun things, I can't begin to pick just 1 (or 5!) thing that I loved the most. You can start to follow my reviews of restaurants, lodging and activities on tripadvisor.com. I will also start posting some of the best highlights here on our blog (of course, with tons of pics!).

Trip history...We sat down in May and tried to think of what to do for our 3 year anniversary, and couldn't really decide on a "tropical" location to go. A few days passed and I received an email offer through our Alaska Airlines Visa for mileage award travel from Seattle to Anchorage. I went through different options using our miles, and came up with a departing date that was 2 days after our anniversary, and returned to Seattle 9 days later. I didn't quite know what there was to do in Alaska yet (I'd only heard of cruises going to Alaska), but I knew it was one of Stephen's dreams to go to Alaska. Needless to say, 25,000 miles later, trip was booked and we were going to The Last Frontier!

Here we are, June 29th - just landed in sunny Anchorage, Alaska.



No comments:

Post a Comment